|Freight & Transit Co. Ltd.
|Contact: Nicholas Bosquet
Phone: (230) 234 2700
Fax: (230) 234 4060
Freight & Transit Co. Ltd (FTL), is a private sector company which was created in November 1994 to seize new opportunities arising from the successful economic growth of the country, and its increasing role as a strategic location in our emerging region.
Today, FTL employs 68 people in its offices situated in Pointe Aux Sables (south of Port Louis) and Plaine Magnien, which is in close proximity to SSR International Airport. The company offers fully integrated freight forwarding and clearing services as well as custom-made logistics solutions to its customers, namely:
- air & sea freight and combined transport;
- air and sea consolidation;
- customs clearance ;
- local and foreign transport;
- project cargo supervision.
FTL specialises in the following services:
- regional transport (Africa and Indian Ocean Islands)
- export of perishable products to europe and asia (eg. chilled fish, fresh fruit and flowers) as well as textile products.
- import and re-export of heavy machinery for infrastructural projects.
In order to enable our customers to benefit from the advantages granted to Freeport operators, FTL International Ltd was created in 1997. For our customers’ convenience, FTL International is closely associated to the development of infrastructure and trade activities of the emerging Freeport in Mauritius and is able to advise customers on the best alternative option for their traffic in the region, whether for warehousing or for transshipment services.
The development of regional trade led to the incorporation of FTL Madagascar in 2000. FTL hence became a partner of economic operators in Madagascar, exporting goods to Europe and the USA and importing from France, Italy and Mauritius. FTL Madagascar employs 40 people and has offices in Antanarivo, Tamatave and Fort Dauphin.
In a business sector where deadlines and constraints change rapidly, the company’s dedicated team of young professionals and transport infrastructure provide rapidity and flexibility of response, while strategic alliances, both local and international, ensure optimisation of cargo movements.
Affiliations & memberships:
• FTL is a certified ISO 9001:2000 Quality Assured firm since September 2002 through AJA (Mauritius) Ltd.
• The company is affiliated to IATA/FIATA Geneva and is a certified IATA agent.
• FTL is an active member of the “Association Professionnelle des Transitaires”.
There are no reviews. Be the first to review this company.