| United Kingdom
|CM Lane Distribution Services Ltd.
|Phone: (01604) 587781
Fax: (01604) 599200
- goods are received either from collections made by CM Lane's vehicle fleet or from deliveries into the warehouse in either palletised format, or in containers, for offloading and palletisation;
- offering both longer term storage, and cross-dock (transit) facilities, CM Lane's warehouse operations also provide pallet, outer case and single article order picking, together with packing for despatch to distribution centres, retail stores and private addresses;
- transit goods for onward despatch, primarily to retailer regional distribution centres, are received daily up to 6pm, sorted to outbound loads and reloaded that evening, for delivery the following day;
- all stock items are held on CM Lane's Superstorer stock and order management system;
- additional warehousing services provided by CM Lane include product code labelling and bar coding, returns handling and reworking, overboxing, repacking and similar ancillary activities;
- the Chep blue pallet system is utilsed, which provides close control over pallets, their whereabouts, and the notoriously high and difficult control costs of this activity;
- warehouse security is maintained by 24 hour video surveillance and electronic alarms, linked out of hours to a monitoring centre on the Lodge Farm Industrial estate.
- the fleet mix ranges from 7.5 tonne through 17 tonne box vans to maximum capacity artics and drawbars, enabling exceptional flexibility in operation, and also utilising drop trailers where this is a viable solution;
- CM Lane regards its highly professional team of drivers as a key resource, and is proud that the average length of service of its drivers exceeds eight years, a fact that in no small part contributes to the success of the business in sustaining a competitive edge in customer service;
- all vehicles are fitted with the latest security protection, including full alarm systems, and in-cab communications enable constant contact with the Northampton base, and very flexible scheduling;
- vehicles can be painted in customers' own livery, for maximum advertising impact, and can be contracted for dedicated use, as well as on a normal shared user basis;
- CM Lane's own fleet provides daily collections from customers, and frequent pre-booked deliveries to retailer RDC's across the country;
- the bookings department at Lodge Farm maintains daily contact with customers and RDC's through telephone, e-mail, fax and online system links.
There are no reviews. Be the first to review this company.